The Pacent Electric Company began its history in 1919 in New York City. The firm specialized in marketing radio components made by third parties.
Then Pacent was well-enough established in 1922 to advertise in the new Radio Broadcast Magazine. At that time they offered radio components with the Pacent label from their 150 Nassau Street offices in New York. So, they sold popular products of the day, including universal plugs, twin adapters, and the “Pacent Multijack”. They also spoke of their membership in Radio Section of the Associated Manufacturers of Electrical Supplies.
In 1926, the the Associated Manufacturers of Electrical Supplies joined the Electric Power Club to form the National Electrical Manufacturers Association. It still exists today.
When the present corporation began in 1933, it went through a period as a consulting group. Later, descendant Homer C. Pacent, son of the founder, began running the company in 1952. He returned it to its OEM , manufacturer’s rep roots. The company is now Pacent Engineering Corporation. Pacent is based in White Plains, New York. Their website states that their territory consists on southern New York State and northern New Jersey.
Per their website, Pacent represents “…manufacturers of industrial control, medical, office equipment, HVAC, power supply and related specialized equipment and instrumentation.”
- Year Started: 1919
- Year Ended: 2099
- Origin Of Name: Name of Founder / Descriptive
- Location Sales: New York and New Jersey
- Brand Name Predecessor: N/A
- Brand Name Successor: N/A
- Owner Original: Pacent Family
- Owner While In Use: Pacent Family
- Owner Successor: N/A
- Year Resurrected: N/A
- What’s Popular Today: Pacent Engineering
- Naics Code: 541330
- Location Headquarters: White Plains, New York USA